One door closes, another opens—God provides opportunities where we least expect it! Proverbs 16:3 reminds us: “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.”
Do you ever pause and wonder—How did I get to this position in life? For me, sometimes it is almost over-whelming all the steps that have occurred ‘by accident’ that have brought me to northern Illinois and Manges Realty, Inc.
• Grew up on small grain-livestock farm in northern IN.
• Attended Purdue University (twice!). Why? It is the Ag school in IN, so of course I am going to Purdue!
• Held three short-term jobs between the Purdue stints
• Next job in Chicago area, managing farms. Short-term? 30+ years later, still here!
• Our Church receives a donation of 10 acres for a new church start. I decide to be a ‘pioneer’ and help with new start.
• Currently in the process of actually building a new church building to grow a faith community in Boling-brook, IL.
How did I get here from a little farm in Indiana? Doing farm brokerage for a career, and starting a church? Above I noted ‘by accident’. It is NOT an accident! For some reason, GOD has led me through all the small deci-sions to this point in life. He has a plan beyond my com-prehension. I pray that I can stay committed to HIS plan.